Wavy hair is between straight and curly: not completely straight, but not completely curly either. Compared to straight hair, wavy hair typically has a higher natural volume and thickness, so hair thinning may be slightly less visible on people with wavy hair. That being said, they are also more likely to become dry and frizzy than straight hair, which can cause breakage and potential hair loss. Since it’s usually denser than straight hair, and slightly easier to manage than curly hair, wavy hair is often considered as the “sweet spot” of hair shape.
To help you find the most effective hair growth products for wavy hair, we’ve analyzed and compared 14 hair products likely to be suitable for this hair type, based on several criteria, including: active ingredients, clinical data, natural score, moisturizing power, and customer reviews.
According to our review, here are the top 3 most effective hair growth products to fight hair loss and boost hair density for people like you with wavy hair:
Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine
- Only contains natural compounds that have been clinically proven to reduce hair loss and stimulate the growth of thicker, stronger hair
- Active ingredient Capilia Longa is regularly praised as being one of the most effective natural compound to stimulate hair growth, based on multiple clinical studies
- Heavily infused with plant-based moisturizing ingredients to prevent frizz in wavy hair and ensure they stay well hydrated
- Uses hair-thickening natural ingredient niacinamide to help people with thin wavy hair gain more density and volume
- 100% naturally derived with no side effects. Zero additives
- Offers a 150-day money-back guarantee to give people the chance to try it risk-free
- Can run out of stock quickly
- Might be seen as relatively expensive for people with modest budgets, but we find the price warranted given the excellent customer feedback and clinical efficacy of active ingredients
The Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine is an advanced natural hair growth formula that is an ideal fit for people with wavy hair.
It’s an all-in-one formula containing a shampoo, conditioner and serum specifically designed to improve the appearance of hair naturally. It contains a natural plant-based compound called Capilia Longa that has been clinically found to reduce hair loss by 89% and increase hair density by 52%. This tiny compound can easily reach the scalp and deliver its hair growth benefits – which is why it’s particularly effective for people with wavy hair, even if they are dense.
The big advantage of this hair growth routine is that both the shampoo and conditioner are heavily infused with plant-based moisturizing ingredients (including aloe vera and Abyssinian oil), to make sure that our wavy hair stays hydrated and well nourished. This is especially important for people with wavy hair, which tends to frizz more easily than straight hair, for instance.
The formula also contains a healthy dose of niacinamide – a powerful hair-thickening ingredient that has been shown to increase hair density by boosting keratin production. This can help people with thin wavy hair regain volume, density, and lusciousness without having to resort to hair loss drugs.
Overall, the Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine is an excellent choice for people with wavy hair who wish to reduce hair loss and boost their hair density, without the side effects of drugs.
In clinical studies, 93.3% of volunteers showed a reduction in hair loss, 73.3% showed a significant improvement in hair density, and 93.3% of volunteers reported being satisfied with the hair loss treatment.
On top of that, the brand offers a 150-day money back guarantee on its hair growth routine. That means that users have 150 days to try the routine, judge its efficacy by themselves, and ask for a refund if they’re not happy with the results they see.
Taking all these into our consideration easily places Scandinavian Biolabs Hair Growth Kit at our #1 spot.
- Highly concentrated minoxidil promotes hair growth
- The foam makes it pleasant and easy to apply to the scalp
- Quality branding and packaging
- Suitable for wavy hair
- Contains botanical agents to keep the hair healthy and hydrated – a big plus for wavy hair prone to frizz
- High incidence of side effects such as redness, irritation and itching
- High amounts of additives and artificial ingredients
ROGAINE®’s products are pharmaceutical solutions typically containing 5% minoxidil – a proven treatment against hair loss. Their products are to be applied directly to the scalp.
Scientific evidence suggests that this formula is well suited to wavy hair, as active ingredients can easily penetrate the scalp and stimulate hair follicle activity.
In addition to Minoxidil, Rogaine contains a wide range of botanical and emollients to moisturize and hydrate the hair deeply, and make sure our hair doesn’t dry or frizz. This makes it a strong choice for people with wavy hair who are naturally more prone to dryness.
Reviews for this product are overall positive, and there are many positive testimonials of people with wavy hair who reduced hair loss with this formula.
Unfortunately, it’s also associated with side effects, most commonly irritation, redness, and itching. Its effectiveness is however clearly proven.
Overall, ROGAINE is a good-quality pharmaceutical hair growth product for people with wavy hair, but does not provide more benefits than our number one choice while exposing users to more side effects.
Grow Gorgeous’ Intense Hair Growth Serum
- Uses natural ingredients
- No harmful additives
- Doesn’t irritate the scalp or dry hair, suitable for people with wavy hair
- Contains two proven moisturizing agents to help wavy hair stay healthy and hydrated
- Low chances of side effects
- Limited scientific evidence
- No clear mechanism to promote hair growth
The Intense Hair Growth Serum by Grow Gorgeous is another strong alternative for people with wavy hair.
The product uses a mix of 5 natural ingredients that promise to promote thicker hair and stimulate the roots of hair follicles.
This company is known for using caffeine and biotin in its products – two ingredients that may help hair grow faster, without causing irritation (although scientific evidence remains limited for these two ingredients). This means it is particularly suitable for people with wavy hair, who may react badly to more aggressive growth-promoting compounds.
They also use niacinamide and allanton in their formula to keep the hair and scalp well moisturized at all times, which is very useful for people with frizz-prone wavy hair.
Despite these claims, we were not able to find suitable scientific studies proving their claims that the ingredients can promote hair growth in vivo. The ingredients probably have many benefits for hair health, but we cannot conclusively agree that they will promote hair growth.
On the plus side, the serum is natural and does not contain additives — which minimizes the chances of side effects. But the lack of scientific evidence is a big problem and is why it’s only ranked 3th. It’s also very expensive considering the low quantity of active ingredients.