Straight hair is a hair type that doesn’t curl. This type of hair is generally considered to be the most resilient and hardest to damage. However, since the hair is nearly perfectly straight, the scalp sebum spreads easily from the scalp to ends, making it the most oily type of hair.
To help you find the most effective hair growth products for straight hair, we’ve analyzed and compared 14 hair products likely to be suitable for this hair type, based on several criteria, including: active ingredients, clinical data, natural score, moisturizing power, and customer reviews.
According to our review, here are the top 3 most effective hair growth products to fight hair loss and boost hair density for people like you with straight hair:
1. Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine
- Only contains natural compounds that have been clinically proven to reduce hair loss and stimulate the growth of thicker, stronger hair
- Active ingredient Capilia Longa is regularly praised as being one of the most effective natural compounds to stimulate hair growth, based on multiple clinical studies
- Uses hair-thickening natural ingredient niacinamide to help people with straight hair gain more density and volume
- Shampoo and conditioner contain gentle natural ingredients to clean the scalp without adding excess oil (great for straight hair that get oily quickly)
- 100% naturally derived with no side effects. Zero additives
- Offers a 150-day money-back guarantee to give people the chance to try it risk-free
- Can run out of stock quickly
- Might be seen as relatively expensive for people with modest budgets, but we find the price warranted given the excellent customer feedback and clinical efficacy of active ingredients
The Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine is an advanced natural hair growth formula that is an ideal fit for people with straight hair.
It’s an all-in-one formula containing a shampoo, conditioner and serum specifically designed to improve the appearance of hair naturally. It contains a natural plant-based compound called Capilia Longa that has been clinically found to reduce hair loss by 89% and increase hair density by 52%.
The big advantage of this hair growth routine is that it can clean the scalp very effectively without making it greasy, thanks to a potent combination of gentle, natural cleansing ingredients like amaranth, eucalyptus, and aloe vera (used in the shampoo). This makes it a great fit for people with straight hair, who are naturally more prone to get oily hair.
The formula also contains a healthy dose of niacinamide – a powerful hair-thickening ingredient that has been shown to increase hair density by boosting keratin production. This can help people with thin straight hair regain volume, density, and lusciousness without having to resort to hair loss drugs.
Overall, the Scandinavian Biolabs Bio-Pilixin® Hair Growth Routine is an excellent choice for people with straight hair who wish to reduce hair loss and boost their hair density, without the side effects of drugs.
In clinical studies, 93.3% of volunteers showed a reduction in hair loss, 73.3% showed a significant improvement in hair density, and 93.3% of volunteers reported being satisfied with the hair loss treatment.
On top of that, the brand offers a 150-day money-back guarantee on its hair growth routine. That means that users have 150 days to try the routine, judge its efficacy by themselves, and ask for a refund if they’re not happy with the results they see.
Taking all these into our consideration easily places Scandinavian Biolabs Hair Growth Kit at our #1 spot.
- Highly concentrated minoxidil promotes hair growth
- The foam makes it pleasant and easy to apply to the scalp
- Quality branding and packaging
- Suitable for straight hair
- Contains botanical agents to keep the scalp clean – a big plus for straight, oily hair
- High incidence of side effects such as redness, irritation and itching
- High amounts of additives and artificial ingredients
ROGAINE®’s products are pharmaceutical solutions typically containing 5% minoxidil – a proven treatment against hair loss. Their products are to be applied directly to the scalp.
Scientific evidence suggests that this formula is well suited to straight hair, as active ingredients can easily penetrate the scalp and stimulate hair follicle activity. In addition to Minoxidil, Rogaine contains a wide range of botanical and emollients to boost hair density and volume, and make sure the scalp can stay clean. This makes it a strong choice for people with straight hair who wish to obtain more density, without making their hair greasy (important as this hair type is naturally prone to accumulate excess sebum).
Reviews for this product are overall positive, and there are many positive testimonials of people with straight hair who reduced hair loss with this formula.
Unfortunately, it’s also associated with side effects, most commonly irritation, redness, and itching. Its effectiveness is however clearly proven.
Overall, ROGAINE is a good-quality pharmaceutical hair growth product for people with straight hair, but does not provide more benefits than our number one choice while exposing users to more side effects.
3. Grow Gorgeous’ Intense Hair Growth Serum
- Uses natural ingredients
- No harmful additives
- Doesn’t irritate the scalp, suitable for people with straight hair
- Contains niacinamide, which can help people with thin straight hair boost their density
- Low chances of side effects
- Limited scientific evidence
- No clear mechanism to promote hair growth
The Intense Hair Growth Serum by Grow Gorgeous is another strong alternative for people with straight hair.
The product uses a mix of 5 natural ingredients that promise to promote thicker hair and stimulate the roots of hair follicles.
This company is known for using caffeine and biotin in its products – two ingredients that may help hair grow faster, without causing irritation (although scientific evidence remains limited for these two ingredients). This means it is particularly suitable for people with straight hair, who may react badly to more aggressive growth-promoting compounds.
They also use niacinamide in their formula to boost hair density, which can be useful for people with straight hair dealing with hair thinning.
Despite these claims, we were not able to find suitable scientific studies proving their claims that the ingredients can promote hair growth in vivo. The ingredients probably have many benefits for hair health, but we cannot conclusively agree that they will promote hair growth.
On the plus side, the serum is natural and does not contain additives — which minimizes the chances of side effects. But the lack of scientific evidence is a big problem and is why it’s only ranked 3th. It’s also very expensive considering the low quantity of active ingredients.