Every year, people spend billions on eyelash growth serums, all hoping to achieve that coveted, fluttery look.
But do these serums really deliver? And if they do, which are the best ones currently available?
Our dedicated research team at MyHealthGuide has carried out a comprehensive review of eyelash growth serums to unearth their true potential, and discover if any truly deliver on their promises.
Do eyelash growth serums really work? A science-based analysis
Eyelashes are not just a beautiful feature that frames the eyes, they’re also our first line of defense, protecting the eyes from dust, debris, and harmful microorganisms. However, many people struggle with short, sparse, or thin lashes due to genetics, aging, or other health issues.
But are there solutions? Well, the beauty industry is flooded with products claiming to enhance and stimulate eyelash growth. But do they genuinely work? And if so, which ones are the best on the market?
Our team at My Health Guide has conducted an exhaustive review of eyelash growth serums to demystify their effectiveness and separate the wheat from the chaff.
The science behind eyelash growth
Eyelash growth, like the hair on our heads, goes through a cycle consisting of three phases: the anagen (growth) phase, the catagen (transition) phase, and the telogen (resting) phase. During the anagen phase, the eyelashes grow continuously. This phase lasts 30 to 45 days on average, much shorter than the growth phase of scalp hair, explaining why eyelashes are much shorter than the hair on our heads.
Several factors can impact this growth cycle, leading to shorter, sparser lashes. These include aging, hormonal changes, certain medical conditions, and trauma.
So, how can an eyelash serum help?
How do eyelash growth serums work?
The goal of an eyelash growth serum is to extend the anagen (growth) phase of the lashes. They do this through several mechanisms:
- Nourishing the lash follicles: Many serums contain nutrients like biotin and peptides that nourish and stimulate the hair follicles, promoting more robust growth.
- Improving blood circulation: Some ingredients can increase blood flow to the lash follicles, promoting growth.
- Preventing breakage: Certain ingredients can strengthen the eyelashes, making them less prone to breakage and fallout.
It’s clear that eyelash growth serums have the potential to enhance lash growth and volume. But which ones actually deliver results?
Top 5 best eyelash growth serums of 2023
Here’s a look at the top 5 best eyelash growth serums of 2023, ranked in order.
#1 Eyelash Growth Serum In 2023 – Scandinavian Biolabs Eyelash Growth Serum
Scandinavian Biolabs continues to lead the pack with its clinically proven, natural eyelash growth serum.
Their proprietary Bio-Pilixin® formula is unique in the market, helping stimulate hair follicles and extend the eyelash growth cycle. What sets it apart is its capability to affect not just the length but also the thickness and density of the eyelashes.
Based on our analysis, it’s the only serum that effectively supports eyelash growth while ensuring minimal side effects
Scandinavian Biolabs offers a 150-day money-back guarantee, providing customers with confidence and peace of mind in their purchase.
- Dermatologically tested & 100% vegan formula
- Noticeable results within 4-6 weeks
- Enhanced with nourishing Bio-Pilixin® formula
- Easy to use, apply once a day
- Gentle and non-irritating for the eyes
- Works on eyebrows too
- Can be used with eyelash extensions
- Money-back guarantee if no results in 150 days
- Available online and in many major retailers
- Hard to find in brick and mortar stores
- Often out of stock due to high demand
2. Revitalash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner
One of the most recognized names in the eyelash serum industry, Revitalash, certainly delivers on its promise of visible growth and thickness. However, the exorbitant price tag for a meager 3ml bottle leaves much to be desired.
Featuring peptides and biotin, known for stimulating growth, this serum yielded significant improvement in length, thickness, and sheen over a few weeks according to our reviewers.
- Nourishes lashes at the root, promoting hydration
- Award-winning effects
- Rapid lengthening and thickening of lashes
- Overpriced for a 3ml bottle
- Some users reported allergic reactions
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women due to the presence of chlorphenesin
3. Lashfood Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancing Serum
Lashfood presents a serum developed through scientific research, promising conditioning, moisturizing, and enhancing lash length and thickness. Yet, despite the claims, we found no concrete evidence of extensive clinical testing.
- Compatible with false eyelashes
- Developed through scientific research
- Evidence of improved growth and thickness
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive for a 3ml bottle
- Contains irritants like sodium benzoate, phthalates, and parabens
- Lack of concrete clinical testing evidence
- Limited lash growth
4. Lancer Lash Serum Intense
Lancer Lash Serum Intense, despite its hefty price tag, fails to outperform its cheaper competitors. While it does promote lash growth and thickness, the high cost makes it less appealing.
- Rich in essential vitamins and nutrients
- Contains biotin, a natural hair growth protein
- Easy, smooth application
- Lacks scientific evidence supporting its efficacy
- Most expensive on this list
- Contains potential irritants
- No money-back guarantee
5. Neulash by Skin Research Laboratories Lash Enhancing Serum
Neulash, although slightly less expensive, offers minimal lash growth and fails to strengthen lashes as promised. Also, the presence of the irritant prostaglandin makes it a poor choice for those with sensitive skin.
- Innovative bottle design
- Contains natural ingredients
- Expensive for the provided volume
- Contains irritant ingredients
- Minimal lash growth
- Poor reviews on Amazon
- To be discarded after six months
Our comprehensive review aims to guide you toward the best eyelash growth serums available in the market. Remember, a perfect balance between effectiveness, safety, and affordability is key to making an informed decision.