Unveiling the 10 Best Eyelash Growth Serums of 2023 – The Secret to Gorgeous Lashes!
Nothing compares to the authentic beauty that eyelash growth serums offer, leading to their escalating popularity in the beauty and cosmetic industry.
No beauty kit is complete without an eyelash growth serum.
But like all products, there are hits and misses.
That’s why our team of beauty experts, and beauty bloggers decided to test and review the eyelash serums currently available in the market.
This project involved a year-long intensive testing period, with each of us selecting different serums to see what works and what doesn’t.
Let’s learn more about eyelash serums before diving into the products we approve (and those we don’t).
Top 10 eyelash growth serums reviewed
Our reviews are aggregated from personal reviews and other users on the Internet to bring you the best review and growth.
1. Scandinavian Biolabs Eyelash Growth Serum, 3ml (£42/€50)
Panel rating: 5/5 stars
ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE FOR EYELASH LOVERS!
Step into the world of luxurious eyelashes with Scandinavian Biolabs Eyelash Growth Serum. This dazzling bottle not only enhances your beauty shelf but works wonders on your lashes too.
Carefully crafted with dermatologically tested ingredients, it gently supports your lash follicles for a fuller and more luscious appearance.
This serum does its magic quickly, with results starting to show in just 4-6 weeks. Consistent use of this serum brings out the best in your lashes, making them look enviably voluminous.
Most of our reviewers have noticed significant growth and thickness, and some even bid goodbye to their mascaras!
Made with love in Denmark, the serum is 100% vegan and cruelty-free. The Bio-Pilixin® formula is inspired by nature, meaning it’s gentle, safe, and kind to your lashes.
It’s perfect for those seeking an extra boost to their beauty routine and can also be used on eyebrows for an enhanced look.
A money-back guarantee ensures that you can try this product with confidence. After all, this serum is more than just an addition to your makeup bag; it’s an investment in your beauty journey.
We’ve got an incredible offer just for you.
Enjoy a special 30% discount on our top pick with the code “MYHEALTHGUIDE”.
This exclusive deal is unique to us – we reached out to the brand and secured it, only for our amazing audience.
Don’t miss out!
- Dermatologically tested & 100% vegan formula
- Noticeable results within 4-6 weeks
- Enhanced with nourishing Bio-Pilixin® formula
- Easy to use, apply once a day
- Gentle and non-irritating for the eyes
- Works on eyebrows too
- Can be used with eyelash extensions
- Money-back guarantee if no results in 150 days
- Available online and in many major retailers
- Might require consistent usage for optimal results
- Premium pricing, but worth it for the results
2. Revitalash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner (£90/€99) for 3ml
Panel rating: 4.2/5 stars
A renowned player in the eyelash serum realm, Revitalash does have its merits, but its steep price tag has us questioning its overall value.
Don’t break the bank when you can achieve similar, if not better, results with less pricey alternatives.
Though simple in its packaging, it does deliver visible growth and thickness, but at a staggering cost.
This serum incorporates peptides and biotin – elements known to expedite growth. Our reviewers saw some improvement in length, thickness, and a hint of sheen within weeks.
But remember, consistent application is key, and given its hefty price, maintenance might become a burden.
- Hydrates lashes by nourishing at the root
- Recipient of past awards for its impressive effects
- Noticeably lengthens and thickens lashes quickly
- Exorbitantly priced, especially for a 3ml bottle
- Some users have reported allergies
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women due to the presence of chlorphenesin
3. Lashfood Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancing Serum (£63/€72) 3ml
Panel rating: 4.1/5 stars
While Lashfood’s price might seem like a dent in the pocket, the fact that it’s developed by scientists brings some solace.
However, we couldn’t find any concrete evidence of thorough clinical testing, despite the claims on their website. It does provide some comfort in a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The serum works by conditioning, moisturizing, and enhancing the length and thickness of your lashes. But we feel the price isn’t justifiable for the longevity of the bottle.
- Can be used along with false eyelashes
- Developed through scientific research
- Some evidence of growth and thickness
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Overpriced for a small bottle (3ml)
- Contains irritants like sodium benzoate, phthalates, and parabens
- No concrete evidence of clinical testing results
- The growth of lashes is limited
4. Lancer Lash Serum Intense (£120/€140)
Panel rating: 3.9/5 stars
At this price point, anyone would expect dramatic results. But unfortunately, Lancer doesn’t deliver beyond what its lesser-priced competitors offer.
While it does promote lash growth and thickness, we question why one should pay more for the same results.
Our reviewers noticed enhanced length and fullness within two weeks, but the high price makes it less appealing.
The serum is enriched with a blend of essential vitamins, contributing to the nutrient value, making application a breeze.
- Enriched with vitamins and nutrients for healthier lashes
- Contains biotin, a natural protein for hair
- Easy application, glides on smoothly
- No scientific evidence backing its efficacy
- Exorbitantly priced, the most expensive on this list!
- Contains known irritant ingredients
- No money-back guarantee
5. Neulash by Skin Research Laboratories Lance Enhancing Serum (£76/€88)
Panel rating: 3.9/5 stars
A slightly less expensive option, the Neulash lash enhancing serum does offer minimal growth but fell short of strengthening lashes.
Some of our reviewers experienced irritation due to the inclusion of the ingredient prostaglandin, so it may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Furthermore, at only 6ml per bottle, it’s not the best value for money, especially considering the unremarkable results.
- Smart bottle design
- Contains natural ingredients
- Expensive for the volume
- Contains irritant ingredients
- Minimal lash growth
- Poor general reviews on Amazon
- Discard after six months
6. Lilash Purified Eyelash Serum (£71/$90)
Panel rating: 3.8/5 stars
A longtime favorite among many women, the Lilash serum offers versatility as it can be used on both lashes and brows. Though it contains mostly natural ingredients, it has been reported to cause irritation.
While it does provide a modest improvement in length and fullness, the results may not be as dramatic as some may hope.
- Good mix of natural ingredients
- Can be used on lashes and brows
- Reasonable price point
- Potential for skin irritation
- Provides only marginal improvement
- Still relatively expensive for some
7. M2 Beauté Eyelash Activating Serum (£115/€134)
Panel rating: 3.5/5 stars
Despite its sleek packaging and lofty promises, the M2 Beauté Eyelash Activating Serum delivered disappointing results. Our lashes saw little to no change, making it the least effective serum on our list.
Although it does contain beneficial ingredients like biotin, its high cost and underwhelming performance make it hard to recommend.
- Money-back guarantee
- Very expensive
- Poor results
- The worst performer among all reviewed serums
8. Elizabeth Arden Prevage Clinical Lash and Brow Serum (£84/€98)
Panel rating: 3.2/5 stars
From a well-known and trusted brand, the Prevage Clinical Lash and Brow Serum promise to improve the health of your lashes.
While it does condition and softens lashes, it falls short in promoting growth and fullness.
- Conditions and softens lashes
- Can be used on both lashes and brows
- Expensive for the amount you get
- Does not promote lash growth or thickness
9. RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum (£40/€46)
Panel rating: 2.5/5 stars
While RapidLash is more affordable and does deliver results, it also comes with a host of unwanted side effects.
Several reviewers noticed skin darkening around their lashes, and online reports mentioned eye discoloration.
This serum also caused lash breakage for some of our reviewers.
- More affordable than others on the list
- Delivers noticeable results within a month
- Known to cause skin darkening around the lashes
- Eye discoloration reported
- Potential for lash breakage
- Contains the irritant prostaglandin
10. Pronexa Hairgenics Lavish Lash (£24/€28)
Panel rating: 2.5/5 stars
The most affordable option on our list, Pronexa Hairgenics Lavish Lash has a legion of devoted fans online. However, our testing showed only minimal lash improvement.
The biggest drawback is that it takes longer than other serums to see results — most users will need to apply it daily for at least two months before noticing any change.
- Most affordable on the list
- Safe, non-irritating formula
- Can be used on lashes and brows
- Minimal lash growth
- Results take longer than other serums
- Must be applied daily for at least two months to see the results
What about eyelash serum alternatives?
Historically, when eyelash serum wasn’t yet a thing, the most common solution to short, sparse lashes was the use of mascara. As most women are well aware, mascara offers a way to lengthen and thicken lashes, but it often leads to clumping and a somewhat unnatural look, and flakes may get into the eyes.
Another earlier solution was the use of false eyelashes. But these could be tricky to apply neatly and precisely, often resulting in a mess of glue and lashes that could fall off unpredictably. Furthermore, they often failed to achieve a natural look.
Eyelash extensions were a step up from falsies, offering a more durable solution. However, they had their own set of drawbacks. Extensions could potentially damage natural lashes, required extensive care and upkeep, and, despite improvements, they still fell short of the natural look of real eyelashes.
What is eyelash serum?
Eyelash serums were designed to naturally boost lash growth. These products use a mixture of fatty acids and conditioning peptides, along with various nutrients and vitamins, to stimulate lash growth.
They’re typically easy to use; just apply the gel along your eyelashes, close to the eyelid, using the provided brush, and then let the serum work overnight.
While you can’t expect instant results, with the right serum, you should see significant growth and thickening after a few weeks.
Eyelash growth 101
Your upper eyelid typically houses around 180 lashes, with a further 85 on the lower lid. Like any hair, lashes go through three growth phases: anagen (growth), catagen (rest), and telogen (shedding).
A full lash growth cycle can take up to 15 weeks. Healthy lashes usually grow for about 200 days before shedding, but unhealthy lashes might shed much sooner, around 90 days.
Factors such as aging, genetics, nutrient deficiency, certain medications, chemical treatments, and prolonged heat exposure can all affect the growth phase of lashes, causing them to look short or sparse.
To encourage healthier lash growth, you can maintain a balanced diet rich in the right nutrients and consider using an eyelash serum. These products nourish and moisturize your lashes from the root, aiding their growth and overall health.
Before you buy…
However, before you rush to buy the first eyelash serum you find, it’s essential to be an informed consumer.
Don’t get caught up in fancy names, descriptions, or high price tags. It’s the ingredients that matter most. Some can irritate the eyes, so it’s better to have short lashes than to deal with red, itchy eyes.
Opt for products with bioactive phyto-molecules and rich, natural botanicals. Steer clear of parabens, sulfates, and other potentially harmful synthetic ingredients, especially if you have sensitive skin.
A money-back guarantee is also a good sign, as it indicates that the manufacturer has confidence in their product. Remember, the effectiveness of a serum doesn’t always correlate with its price.
Lastly, consider a product that can also be used on eyebrows, giving you more bang for your buck.
Now that you’re well-versed in the realm of eyelash serums, let’s dive into our reviews and recommendations.